Wednesday, April 4, 2012

This

So when is the appropriate time to switch from Lenten arrangements to Easter decorations? This is something I did not think about. Last week I had a few jars of forsythia and some white blooms from bushes and trees around campus. My friend Kendyll left her bouquets here from closing weekend of A Chorus Line, so today I finally arranged them. I'm going home Friday for Easter, so I don't think I'll be crafting any bunnies or eggs for the apartment. In lieu of a blog on Easter decorating, here are some images from around my apartment from angles you may not have seen!

This is my area of the bedroom (I share the room with my two roommates.) My wall is divided into three sections: University, fine art, and theatre. On the left is a poster for Alpha Psi Omega, my school's pennant, dream catchers made at an event for the Conflict Education Resource Team, and paintings I did at a craft gathering with my friend Michael. In the middle is Bold and Brash by Squidward Tentacles, and on the right are photos of me in my favorite shows. On the left is a pole wrapped in party lights. The bookcase at left has a lamp I made in middle school, my moose (he comes with me everywhere) a journal, and my books for class. The opposite bookshelf is filled with plays, music, and a bottle of sand from Corolla. 

In the top left you can see the opening into the living room. This is how we get all of that natural light in the bedroom. My desk is covered with pictures from home, bulletin boards I painted to match my comforter, a picture of cheetah's made out of African leaves (Alison inspired me to bring this to school. She has a painting of tigers), Sofie's old headshot, and a painting of Homestar I made for Welcome Backstage. 

This is my living room. The papasan chairs were a gift from family friends. My mom and I went shopping for patterned fabric to re cover them. The coffee table was an estate sale find, the lamps from a university get-rid-of-the-crap-the-rich-kids-left-behind sale (I picked them out via picture messages my dad sent me at work this summer) and the other three tables are craigslist finds. My mom did the painting on the left. I'm trying to get more of her art. My roommate confiscated the traffic cone a few years ago. On the coffee table is a blank sketchbook. It's our guestbook. I suggest you get one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment