Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas in the Lakes

Ok let's get to it.
I took the leaves off of the autumn wreath
To add this ribbon


I got a real three foot tree this year, but you can't tell because of how artsy this is~*
Spice up that vase of sticks with dead flowers and dying pine. My secret santa bought the teapot at Pier 1.

For our company secret santa exchange I decided to go with the theme of familiar fantasies which would lead up to my last gift.

"If there's a key, there must be a door!" Hobbit cookies. I wasn't crazy about the recipe or what I did with the icing, but I made the key out of melted down chocolate from a day in my Trader Joe's advent calendar. 

I made a paper snowflake Alice in Winder Wonderland wreath. I traced some of the Alice in Wonderland characters from the original illustrations and hid them between the snowflakes.
My mom gave me some cookies over Thanksgiving. I cut apart the box, lined it with paper, and turned it inside out to create a new box.

Suddenly we have a box of truffles. Like the Turkish delight from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. 

Wrapped up in string with a woodsy star ornament made from sticks and twine. 

A jar of honey and dried black-eyed susans remains. Oh bother. 

Swirl
Downtown Books & Coffee helped me find and order a copy perfect for gift giving.

My cast
The Youth Tour company
We ate and drank in socks and ugly Christmas/Chanukkah sweaters and exchanged our final gifts. Then we got caught in the unplowed snow of the North East. They say that once the snow starts up here we won't see grass until March. Luckily everything I need up here is within walking distance.


We went to Skaneateles for snow, lunch, and shopping. 




Inside Imagine





Vermont Green Mountain Specialty Co. has delicious chocolate




Anyela's Vineyard


We also stepped into Creekside Books & Coffee. They have great treats, new books, and trivia on Thursdays.

I went to Scotts to bake and this was playing. It's a set of four records perfect for Christmas time.

Scott does this thing where he writes his recipes on a board before cooking. This is how he avoids getting dough all over his laptop keyboard like me. 




Scott and I made ginger bread apple pies in jars for the casts 
Kirsten and I made vanilla and peppermint macaroons for the office staff




Ornaments for the cast made from a circular cardboard base from A. C. Moore




The lake froze

The tree at Buttonwood Grove winery was decorated with dried flowers and branches from around the estate. I bought a bottle of Blackberry Briar while I was there to bring home for the holidays. For me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment