Thursday, March 19, 2015

Hotel Living


I was blessed to have had the opportunity to tour a few times in 2014.

Hotel things I learned/did:

  • The hotel laundry room might be a bit of a walk. Your pillow case can double as laundry bag when transporting clothes to and from the washing machine!
  • Don't ever buy: coffee, tea, cookies, apples, oranges, or bananas because hotels will have them.
  • Hotels that provide breakfast will have cereal and oatmeal, as well as peanut butter, yogurt, and cream cheese.
  • Organization will help you feel more at home on the road, even if your home isn't organized. Keep your toiletries condensed to one or two areas. If you are traveling often, put items in the same place in every hotel room so you know where to find them. I always put business items and car keys on the TV stand. I had a portable blender, and I always put it on the microwave (if there was one) or next to the coffee maker (there almost always is a coffee maker) so I could pretend that was the kitchen. I set up an "office" either at the desk or on a bed side table. My office was mainly a charging station.
  • I promise you will feel so good if you make your bed in the morning. If you're leaving and never coming back then never mind don't do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment