Thursday, February 18, 2016

Sarah Eats Bread Tour

Most of my two weeks of rehearsal in New York were spent at Chipotle. I went to two really good not-chains for food, but that happened when I was sick and delirious (not related to Chipotle) so I cannot remember where they were. During that time I also found an antique store in Chelsea that I haven’t been able to locate since. Something like this happened one time senior year of college when I found this magical alleyway off of south street with pots and little doors and glass hanging things. I haven’t been able to find that place since that delirious/dehydrated day.


The first place my cast ended up was a place called DeCosta’s on Yonkers Avenue in Yonkers, or as they refer to it “Steve’s Restaurant.” I found it on Yelp while we were starving, and unfortunately we passed a bunch of other restaurants on the way to it, so the pressure was on me for the quality of the food. It was quality. Guests are almost immediately presented with a variety of breads and crackers with oil. This was the time and place that the tour was renamed Sarah Eats Bread Tour. I ordered the eggplant ravioli. You can’t see it under the cheese so you just have to believe. 


After our opening in Worcester we went to Spoodle’s Deli for some authentic New England Clam Chowder. I don’t like seafood but I liked the spoodleful of chowda I had here. This deli has a bountiful selection wraps. This is the spinach roll up that I had. It went too soon. 





Amelia and I made pancakes (from scratch), potatoes, and eggs after my first night subletting in Harlem.


The great thing about this tour is that I am able to spend a few nights in the city every couple of weeks. The morning our cast left for the capital I sat down at La Toulousaine on Amsterdam to eat this spinach and goat cheese omelette. This cafe has an incredibly tempting bakery.

I must recommend Green Leaf's & Bananas in Towson, MD. I don’t have pictures of this but my receipts tell me I went there twice in one day for a smoothie and harvest salad so it must be good.




My family came to see me at the Keswick Theatre! Also I ate this hummus wrap and smoothie at Keswick Coffee House and looked at hand made things I didn’t plan on buying.




Amelia and I went to Abacky Potluck for very inexpensive wine and lots of avocado. Get that mochi, too.





Imagine every possible sassy wall hanging because that’s what decorates the Morristown Pancake House. We had a meeting over breakfast but this omelet was so good I wasn’t paying any attention. 



Mel and Karley came to see the show in Midtown, then we went to Baked By Melissa for gluten free and gluten filled goodness.


Check out the Bedford Cafe for chicken fajitas and sweet potato fries. I tried to eat this like a taco, and after it all fell apart no one made fun of me to my face.




The the cosy wood and mosaic surroundings of The Paramount Diner warm you up before you get your potatoes and eggs.

I don’t have a picture of this, but Ray’s Cafe served me the best potatoes I have ever had in my entire life. Was that a hint of cheese sauce? I really have no idea what they did to the potatoes or my soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment