Monday, December 31, 2018

Christmas Time is Here

We spent an unexpected night in Indianapolis while traveling from venue to venue. Equally unexpected was our decision to see the 98 Degrees Christmas concert in the venue we'd be playing after winter break. Bri, Matt, Emanuel and I went to live our 90s fantasy with Nick Lachey, and the four of us swayed and sang "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" with the Buffalo Plaid clad band as the snow fell all over the stage.

I was met by several surprises in Wilkes-Barre, PA. The first was the Seven Tubs Nature Area. Miriam and I traversed the snow dusted woods at dusk to see the ancient (12,000 years old) falls and pools of water.






Another big surprise was the Brown Cow.

Did you know there was a giant cow at the birth of Jesus?
It had been a few years since my last visit to State College, PA. This time I decided I would finally try grilled stickies at The Corner Room. MM. The town is filled with a number of unique stores. We escaped the cold down in Webster's, and I learned that each member at this bookstore/cafe has their own labeled mug they can use each time they come in! There are shelves and shelves of these beautiful clay mugs.

Writing letters to Santa to mail outside of the diner.

A little Vince Guaraldi in the lobby with Bri.

Dianne and I walked around downtown Lowell, MA and found Life Alive. I'm fascinated with vegan restaurants. how do they do it? I ordered the Sufi Poet salad and it's probably one of the best salads I've tasted. We finished lunch with a vegan truffle (also one of the best chocolates I've eaten.)


Every store and business (including stores like Subway and CVS) were decked out in glitter and bows for Christmas. 




I went straight home that night to have a jam-packed holiday in Philadelphia.

The first stop on a very festive Philly day. A drinking chocolate flight at Shane Confectionary followed by skee-ball and skating at the Blue Cross Riverrink, a visit to the new Cherry Street Pier, shopping at the markets at City Hall, Macy's windows, and lights in Rittenhouse Square.  


The tree Matt and I cut down.

I found this wonderland in Swarthmore on the way to pick up sushi for my family's annual Muppet Christmas Carol viewing.

A Christmas sniff sniff.

Me not being able to escape work.

'Tis the season of my last name.

King Arthur has been through a lot.

The evening before my return to tour was a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment