Tuesday, March 3, 2020

I'm in Miami

The ship docked in Miami at 7:00 in the morning after the last night of every cruise, and I was able to get off shortly after. I called an Uber while standing in disguise in a terminal crowded with guests and I slipped away into downtown Miami to get my fill of internet before I had to get back on the ship and run the guest safety drill at 3:45. Miami time was precious. I needed to go to Target to stock up on goods, I needed data and WiFi to call my family, and I needed to touch the world for a second. This was my break, and because I did not have much time, I used this opportunity to be alone and completely off the clock and away from everything work-related. In addition to checking my email and buying toiletries I stumbled on a number of cool places around the city.


Palm Court





This kind of flower was all over the place.
Not pictured: orchids growing in trees. In Pennsylvania, orchids are magical inside plants. In Miami, orchids live outside and it's regular.




Palms on the corner of 29th Street and 1st Avenue


unh

I had a good crepe here.


This greeted me at the Wynwood Walls.

So did this.




I do not know what kind of plant this is but I think it is neat.


Similar to Philadelphia's 12th Street.

Familiar
Versace


Café Bastille
I was usually off the ship for five hours, then I would return for a brief company meeting refreshed and ready to set sail again.


No comments:

Post a Comment